Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Vista 100% CPU in svchost.exe

Yeah, that old chestnut... yawn. Last night my laptop became completely unusable for at least two hours. It took me that long to figure out that the service causing the problem was Windows Update. By then I was tired and irritable so I went to bed bitching about how Microsoft must have wrecked my machine with some flaky update.

Anyway, I did some more digging today and noticed that this guy had the same problem and was using the same AntiVirus as me.

Another quick google later and I found this post... turns out the problem is with CA Antivirus and they should have a fix ready for us soon. And there's a workaround for us in the meantime which has brought my laptop back to normal.

No comments:

Post a comment

Creative Commons License This work by TechieBird is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.